November 30, 2008

Advice I Got From My Parents



Over the years, my parents gave me lots of advice. Here's some of it:

Don't be dependent. Dependency causes trouble
.

Having claimed that, they encouraged me to take interest in anything that could help in daily life, starting with the very basics of sewing (Mom's trade), and of hair cutting (Dad's trade), and learn to fix things within and around the house.

Fruit is the best Food

Well , their opinion on fruit had such an impact on me that I could give up any category of food for a certain period of time, but not fruit. My favourites are: Hebron black grapes, sabra fruit, apricot, white peaches , parsimon. strawberries, watermelon, bananas.


Use and appreciate the healing properties of Nature's gifts

They meant :water, ice, lemon juice, honey, chamomille, parsley, garlic, onion, potatoes and other known natural stuff. Only if this doesn't help , should one consider going to the doctor.

I must admit I successfully use cold water and ice compresses in minor external inflammations ( as I saw my mother doing it many times), undiluted lemon juice for a sore throat, chamomile tea for mouth infection, honey for a stubborn cough ,potatoes for a headache, etc...

Keep away from people that are stingy and /or jealous.
Stinginess and jealousy, my parents used to say, are incurable diseases and make life an Inferno.
(I've heard more than once, especially from women, that they could live with a stupid partner , but in no way with a stingy or jealous person) .

Live within or below your means
- as this is likely to guarantee you a sound sleep, and contribute to both your mental and physical health. No debts, no worries.

Avoid being in a hurry
Plan ahead, take your time, sleep on it.

I'm of course immensely grateful to my parents for all their good advice. I do advocate all of this myself. It saves a lot of trouble in life ,but it's not always easy to put it in practice.

צרור עצות חינם
רבות למדתי מהורי ז"ל
על החיים, על גורל,ובכלל
אל תפתחי תלות, הם אמרו
וכמובן שבזאת לגמרי צדקו

לכי על טבעי בנושאי מזון
בריאות , סביבה , ונקיון
להרבות בשום, בצל, פירות
כדי למנוע מן הגוף תקלות

החפזון הוא, כידוע, מן השטן
לא למהר, לשקול, לקחת את הזמן
התרחקי תמיד מקמצנות וקנאה
שתיים אלה הן מחלה ארורה

Sfaturi si povete

Sfaturi utile de la parinti am primit
Referitor la viata, la trai cumpanit
"Nu depinde de nimeni si de nimic"
Pricepe-te la toate, chiar si un pic

Cu produse naturale sa te hranesti
Si cu parte din ele sa te lecuiesti
Fructe de mancat e cel mai sanatos
Si ca gust, nemaipomenit de delicios

Indeparteaza -te de zgarciti si gelosi
Oameni din astia sunt periculosi
Se stie ca Graba , treaba o strica
Ia-ti timp, gandeste-te ,si apoi aplica

3 comments:

Ron said...

I agree with the advice about stingy and jealous people. I really dislike being around people like that. It makes me uncomfortable.

MARY JAMES said...

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work.

Maripaz said...

Bendita tú, que conservas esos valores de tus ancestros cargados de sabiduría. Eso es lo realmente importante de la vida.
Un saludo.