December 13, 2008

The Seasons Connection



*
Seasons

In Spring Mom got ill and fragile
It sure looked like an ominous sign

In summer, when all around was bright
My mother and my brother just died

In autumn with the sky cloudy and grey
My father and my nephew passed away

In winter, in the cold ,gloomy weather
We had to part from my uncle, forever.

*
עונות השנה - הרהורים

ביולי קברתי את הרמן, אחי
באוגוסט את בטי, אמי
בסופו של אביב החמיר מצבם
ובקיץ, הלכו השניים לעולמם

כשכולם חושבים חופשה וטיולים
מחשבותי באביב וקיץ נודדות אל הקברים

באוקטובר נפטר דוד, אבי יקירי
בנובמבר שי, האחיין הקט שלי
כשהכל חושבים על טיסות מוזלות
מחשבותי בסתיו אל קבריהם נתונות

בדצמבר נפרד מן העולם, חיים, דודי
אחיו של אבא- חולה, גלמוד וערירי
כשכולם חושבים על סקי בחרמון
מחשבותי בחורף- אל מר גורלו

כך עוברת לה שנה אחר שנה
וזכר יקירי איתי בכל עונה

*
Anotimpuri

Fiecare anotimp e legat
De disparitia cuiva drag

Tata si nepotelul au decedat
In toamna, cand frunzele cad

Unchiul Haim ne-a parasit in iarna
Era frig, trist si in suflet si afara

In primavara, sanatatea mamei s-a deteriorat
In vara, ea si fratele meu pe veci au plecat

7 comments:

Ron said...

Beautiful poem, Duta. I'm hoping your loss didn't all happen in the same year, did it?

DUTA said...

Good question. No, it didn't all happen in the same year.
With this post I'm closing ,for now, my "In Memory.." blog. Thank you.

Femin Susan said...

nice poem yours is .it is my pleasure that i met you. hope all your wishes are granted this year.

Patsy said...

Dear Duta------ your beautiful site leaves me crying. I hope that you someday have as much joy as you have had heartache.

I know how it feels to lose a loved one. It is as if your heart has been ripped out.

Lorna

Jo said...

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I still think of my parents all the time, and I dream I am having conversations with them. I think they do come to visit us.

I love your blog. Some of the food in the earlier posts made my mouth water. And I just had a big dinner! :-)

Your parents gave you very good advice too.

Jyoti said...

The is such a lovely poem. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!
Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

Anonymous said...

Duta, I am so sorry for your loss. The poem is beautiful. A hug and a kiss for you dear friend. I am Titere con bonetes sister. Lisa.